4/25/2007

Peace - The Art of Children

My kids' elementary school's art teachers had each of their students depict their concept of "Peace" on a 4" x 4" square. Then they hung them all up in the library for a special art show called "The Installation of Peace." I thought it was wonderful.

Here's a few snapshots of some of the display.



"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, ‘Your God reigns!’" (Isaiah 52:6-7)



“I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before. I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me” (Jeremiah 33:6-8)



“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6)




“Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone” (Romans 12:17-18).

“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.” (Matthew 5:9)


technorati: ; ,

No comments: