- Give every person in the U.S. $2,300 or give every household $6,200
- Pay the income taxes of every American who makes $500,000 or less a year
- Fully fund the Defense, Education, State, Veterans Affairs and Interior departments next year, as well as NASA
- Buy gasoline for every car in the U.S. for 16 months
- Buy every NFL, NBA, and Major League Baseball team and build each a new stadium--and pay your players $191 million apiece for a year
- Create the 17th largest economy in the world--roughly equal to that of the Netherlands*
I makes me wonder what we could, as a nation, spend this kind of money on. Maybe...
- create an affordable healthcare plan for all Americans
- invest in research for renewable energy to rid ourselves of our dependence on foreign oil and address the issue of climate change
- eliminate the inequity in the quality of our schools so that poor children have just as much opportunity as suburban children
Does anybody else find this simply incredible?!
*Time Magazine, Oct 6, 2008 p. 36