8/28/2006

Top 10 Signs That You're Obsessed with Bible Prophecy

(HT: Matt Stone at Eclectic Itchings,
originally from Christian Encourager)

10. You use the Left Behind books as devotional reading.

9. You get goose bumps when you hear a trumpet.

8. You believe the term "Church Fathers" refers to Hal Lindsey and Tim LaHaye.

7. You believe there is an original Greek and Hebrew text with Scofield's notes.

6. You can name more signs of the times than Commandments.

5. You refuse a tax refund check because the amount comes to $666.

4. Barcode scanners make you nervous.

3. You talk your church into adapting the '60s pop song, "Up, Up, and Away" as a Christian hymn.

2. You never buy green bananas.

1. You always leave the top down on your convertible (or your sunroof open) in case the rapture happens.

______

Growing up, my phone number was 666-5920. I knew what the 666 meant (that the rapture would start in my town), but I had trouble with the rest of the number. The best I came up with is "KYB0" from the corresponding letters on a phone's number pad. According to answers.com, it means "Keep Your Bowels Open."


technorati: ,

1 comment:

Ted M. Gossard said...

Yes. One thing that really gets me (besides all the rest) are these prophecy Bibles. I think twenty years or more ago, you could find more of them.

I think you get most of that kind of stuff now through ministries offering it. Though isn't there a LaHaye study Bible? Here it is: http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Prophecy_Study_Bible-ISBN_0899579515.html?isrc=b-search Published in 2001. Surely that means something.