7/24/2006

A Very Sweet Birthday


As I look upon my children, who have made me this happy birthday banner, it occurs to me that today is extra sweet. I thank my Lord for saving me from death five months ago.

I am so grateful to be re-engaged in ministry with the CCO. I’m happy to be writing and blogging again here at VanguardChurch. I am blessed to be getting ready to teach my college class at Malone again this coming semester on Worldview and Ethics.

And, most of all, I have savored every moment with my wife, my kids, my friends, and extended family. I love Linda more than words can say. I adore Kaira (pronounced KIE-ruh), Trey, and Joel.

Thanks, again, for all who have been praying for us. We are not quite out of the woods yet; a cardiac MRI is scheduled in a couple of weeks that will determine when they will need to do the next surgery (repair of the aortic root that may be weak and replacement of a defective (bicuspid) aortic valve).

1 comment:

Ted M. Gossard said...

Bob,
Praise the Lord. Great to hear of your very special day and of God's great goodness in your life. And thanks for the heads up about coming medical matters, so we can pray.